We went to the Littleton ER at 3:00 a.m., Monday morning (June 4th). Atticus began vomiting bile and continues to have difficulty swallowing, eating, drinking, and talking; due to swollen lymph glands. I was thinking for sure he had strep throat, but so far the speciman result has been negative for this bacteria. He became a bit unstable in the ER, so they ended up admitting him to the pediatric unit of the Littleton hospital.
I prayed and prayed as I watched his little eyes roll back in the ER. I prayed and prayed as I saw him heave up nothing from his little body. Each time I look at his yellowish/greenish skin tone; a silent prayer goes to my Heavenly Father. I see his little ribs poking out of his frail little frame and I silently weep inside. I believe I have witnessed maybe a little glimpse of what Heavenly Father must have felt as he watched the pain and suffering of our Savior, his beloved son. I wish I could jump into his little body and take away his discomfort.
We have been hearing a few nasty words from the doctor like "Cancer" or "Lymphoma". Atti has a good amount of enlarged lymph nodes on his neck. For quite sometime, I have been worried about a little growth on the back of his neck. Each time I go in for his routine checkups, I continue to ask about this little marble-like ball on the back of his neck. I have felt it grow a tad, which has concerned me. The hematologist will be examining his blood work sometime to see about possible lymphoma. We are praying for answers to why my little boy is so darn sick.
The doctor will be coming in around 10:00 a.m.. Atticus just received a big poke for more blood. He was so brave. When the phlebotomist was digging through his spider vein, he placed his arm on his brow. No sound; no complaining. I could tell it was really hurting, but he did not breathe a cry.
The CBC lab test will soon tell us if his white cell count is still elevated. Yesterday, the white cell count was at 18,000. We are going to see if it has lowered.
Olivia came to visit her big brother. She wanted to crawl up right next to her "best friend". Atticus was so worried of getting her sick. "Lives," he said, "don't get too close to me, I don't want to get you sick." Olivia's reply, "NO ATTI!"
So sorry to hear of Atti's sickness!!! Our prayers will be with you guys. Hope you find answers soon...and peace! Poor little guy. Best wishes to you all.
ReplyDeleteLove, Natalie Skinner